Chiropractic care keeps the bones and the joints of the spine in proper motion, in order to help improve the health of the body. Chiropractors can also adjust the joints of the extremities. These joints include the ribs, shoulder and elbow, wrist and hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot, as well as the hands and toes.
Just like the joints of the spine, the extremity joints can become locked up or misaligned through injuries, improper use, or repetitive stress. This can lead to pain and stiffness, and can dramatically affect your ability to carry out even simple daily activities.
Signs or possible symptoms of an extremity issue that can be helped by a chiropractor:
• Extremity pain or pain in the extremity joint
• Weakness in an extremity or joint
• Stiffness in the extremity
• Immobility of an extremity joint
• Numbness or tingling in an extremity
• Catching or locking of an extremity joint
The goal of adjusting extremities is to restore the original and proper alignment of the joint which allows it to have normal and proper function.