Lighthouse Chiropractic takes an integrated approach to their patients’ care. Nutrition and exercise are essential for wellness. Part of our wellness plan incorporates a personalized exercise program designed especially for you, our patient, to help you reach your fitness and/or weight loss goals. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Postural Correction
- Weight Loss
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Gait Training
In general, a reasonable amount of exercise that is performed daily and utilizes activities that are enjoyed is recommended for patients undergoing chiropractic treatment. When combined with chiropractic care, exercise helps promote proper digestion, keeps the muscles in proper tone and promotes better circulation. Walking briskly around the block at least once or twice is a convenient and popular activity. Many forms of work and/or household tasks can function as an exercise program. The important point is to exercise!
Exercise goes hand in hand with the in-office chiropractic care you receive. Here are some top back exercises that will complement your chiropractic treatment care plan:
1. Knee Chest – This helps stretch the low back muscles and relieve pressure on the joints of the spine.
2. Hamstring Stretch – This stretches the muscles in the back of the thigh and enhances and improves the ability to bend forward at the waist.
3. Extension – Back extension exercises are important. The back muscles get weak, especially when the back hurts, and we decrease our spinal motion. Because extension may aggravate some spinal conditions, be sure to follow the suggestions Lighthouse Chiropractic offers. You will be told when to start them in the course of your chiropractic treatment plan.
4. Pelvic Tilt – This gently brings motion to the spine and stretches the back. It helps strengthen abdominal and buttock muscles while helping to relieve nerve pressure in the low back.
5. Abdominal Strengthening – These exercises strengthen the abdominal core muscles that support the spine in normal everyday activities.
Now, of course, don’t start any new exercises without talking about what is right for you at your Lighthouse Chiropractic appointment first.